Obviously when we found out about Vegan MoFo we couldn’t say no. The general goal of MoFo is to blog about all things vegan at least 20 times in the month. We will try our best!
For the first of our Vegan MoFo recipes I bring you another soup! A warming, slightly spicy soup for Autumn.
- 650g/6.5 cups baby plum tomatoes
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 400ml/14fl oz full fat coconut milk
- Olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350f.
- Rinse and drain the tomatoes. Toss on a baking tray with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven for 20-25 minutes until soft, burst and slightly blistered.
- Whilst the tomatoes are roasting chop the onions and fry them gently in a medium sized saucepan until softened.
- Once the onions are softened, add the curry paste and stir to incorporate. Cook the paste for 2-3 minutes before removing the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the lime juice and zest.
- Scoop the onion paste mixture into a blender and add the roasted tomatoes. Pour over the coconut milk and add a pinch of sugar (brings out the tomato flavour!)
- Blend on high until smooth and then transfer back into the saucepan to heat through.
- Serve sprinkled with a little lime zest.
(This can be easily modified for an immersion blender. Simply transfer all the ingredients to a big saucepan with high sides and blend until smooth before heating)