The kind folks over at Teapigs sent me over a bunch of their Every Day Brew tea and a lovely mug to drink it out of!
They are encouraging people to switch out their nasty dusty filled tea bags for their silky tea temples filled with proper tea leaves! The tea is a blend of black tea from Assam, Ceylon and Rwanda. Teapigs describe the blend as a “balanced, zesty, malty alliance” and the “most perfect cup of tea”.
I’ve been drinking it for a few days now instead of my usual bags and I have to agree. We normally drink store bought Assam in the house – this blend has a much deeper and stronger flavour. For those of you with a passion for the environment, Every Day Brew is also rain forest alliance certified.
However, this is a recipe blog first and foremost so over the next few blog posts I will be sharing some recipes using the Every Day Brew.
First up is a simple tea latte! I’m very sensitive to caffeine in coffee so rarely drink it..this is a treat for us caffeine sensitive people!
For the latte
- 230ml/7.7 fl oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 Every Day Brew tea bags
- Aerolatte whisk/blender
- Cacao to top
- In a saucepan add the almond milk and two tea bags. Make sure the paper tags hang over the side and not in the milk. Heat on medium until the milk starts to boil.
- Remove from the heat, add in the optional maple syrup, stir and leave to steep for around 5 minutes.
- Once the tea is steeped discard the tea bags, then either using a small hand held whisk (I used an Aerolatte whisk) or a blender, whisk or blend the latte until a foam forms on top.
- Pour the latte into your favourite mug and top with a little sprinkling of cacao.
(This tea was sent to me by Teapigs – however all my opinions are my own and I think they rule!)