It’s a celebration month! After nearly a year (and nearly seven years together) I finally had my interview at the US embassy for my spouse visa. I’m happy to say it was approved! So I’ll be making the move across the pond in the next few months. I’m excited to see what blogging stateside will be like – especially since there are SO many delicious vegan products available.
In other news, I got a new popsicle mold! It’s a Norpro Frozen Ice Pop Maker and it’s amazing.
To make mine I’m using maple water as the liquid but you can use coconut, birch or bamboo if you wish. Maple water is ever so slightly sweet – so these popsicles aren’t very sweet themselves. If you’re looking to make it sweet you can add some maple syrup or agave nectar to taste.
- 250g watermelon, roughly chopped into chunks
- 150g strawberries, hulled
- 16 fl oz/470ml maple water
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of half a lime
- Add everything to a blender and blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour carefully into a popsicle mold. If using the Norpro model, insert the wooden popsicle stick into the openings on the lid – otherwise proceed as you would with your mold.
- Freeze the popsicles for 6-8 hours or until completely solid.
- To release them from the mold, remove from the freezer and gently submerge the bottom of the mold in warm water. They should pull out smoothly.