This past week Brian completely changed my opinion on Brussel sprouts! So here’s a recipe we came up with last night.
- 1 small bunch Swiss chard, cut into strips
- 330g Brussel sprouts
- 5 Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp shiro (white) miso
- 2 cloves of smoked garlic or regular garlic, pressed or minced
- 3 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 5 Chantenay carrots or 1 large carrot cut into big chunks
- 500g Gnocchi
- 5 cups/1.18l of water
- Salt and pepper
- Chop your vegetables, leaving the Brussel sprouts whole.
- Sautee shallots, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until the shallots are softened.
- Add the water and the stock cubes, Swiss chard and Brussel sprouts to the pot. Add in the carrot chunks.
- Bring to a rolling boil and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. This will make the Brussel sprouts tender.
- In a separate sauce pan cook the gnocchi. Drain, reserving a little of the starchy cooking water.
- Add the starchy water to the pot and stir in the miso paste. Remove (if you want) the carrot chunks.
- Serve the broth and vegetables over the cooked gnocchi. Season to taste.
Please follow and like us: