First week back at work after three weeks off, need a chocolate hit. Here’s a recipe for anyone who is tired and wants a sweet treat that literally takes about 20 minutes to make (including cooking time!) You can switch out the fruit for whatever floats your boat.
Recipe adapted from here
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil or vegan butter (coconut oil gives a much better flavour)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp plain flour (sub gluten-free if you wish)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate, chopped (I used 2 small squares)
- Preheat the oven to 350f/180c
- Melt your coconut oil in a small pan over a low heat. Once melted remove from the heat and stir in the coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Add in your flour and cocoa powder and mix together. Don’t worry if it’s streaky or lumpy – we’re going for quick here.
- Chop your chocolate into small pieces.
- Scrape the dough from the small pan into a ramekin or oven-proof dish.
- Push your chocolate pieces into the surface of the dough and squash as many raspberries as you can on top!
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. It’s ready when the edges are slightly crisp and the chocolate is bubbling.