When I gave Becky some of this on Sunday she pretty much freaked out. The world of chia pudding has been revealed! She’s been pestering me to post this recipe since then so here it is.
Makes for a great little breakfast, dessert or sneaky snack.
Did I mention it’s really good for you?
CHIA! MATCHA! A match made in heaven. Antioxidants, chlorophyll, fibre, complete source of protein, calcium, phosphorus, manganese and omega-3 fatty acids! Not to mention chia can absorb 9-12 times their weight in water, which makes them great for rehydrating.
Just a reminder our give away to win a matcha kit from Teapigs is on going until Sunday : click through here to enter!
- 1/2 cup/64g milled chia seed (or whole chia seeds – confession, I hate the creepy frog spawny texture of whole chia but if you have no problem feel free to sub it!)
- 1 1/2 tsp matcha
- 3-4 tbsp agave nectar or sweetener of your choice
- 2 cups/240ml nut milk (I used soy)
- In a small bowl mix together the chia seed and matcha until well incorporated.
- Mix in the agave nectar.
- Then add the milk and stir to combine. The milled chia seed will make it appear mousse like almost immediately.
- Transfer to a covered container and refrigerate over night.
- Serve for breakfast or dessert with cacao nibs, granola and fruit!