Recently I was doing a little online food shopping and I came across Provamel’s new Macadamia milk and I knew I had to try it. I had my first experience with Macadamia nut butter in LA back in November of last year so my love affair with macadamias is long standing.
This morning I was struggling to think what to have for breakfast….then I remembered the macadamia milk
- 3/4 cup/67.5g steel cut or rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup/354ml Macadmia milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract – the real stuff!
- 1/4 cup/33g macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 tbsp spiced sugar (recipe from our chai snickerdoodle donuts here – I have a jar of this in the kitchen to use whenever)
- Date syrup to taste
- Measure the oats and add them to a large saucepan. Cover with the milk and heat gently on a medium to low heat.
- Stir in the vanilla. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Whilst the oats are beginning to cook, roughly chop the macadamias. Using a dry pan on a medium heat toast the nuts until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside.
- After 5-10 minutes the oatmeal will have started to thicken, stir frequently to avoid sticking. Cook to your desired thickness then remove from the heat.
- Whilst still warm stir in the spiced sugar.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the macadamia nuts, date syrup and a splash more macadamia milk.