You know what’s annoying? This:
Why do I have so many packets of the same seed? I had a cupboard clear out and decided that was it, let’s use some sunflower seeds. I used to love those Parmesan thins so here’s my vegan alternative! As a little bonus they are gluten free too, sneaky.
- 125g Brown rice
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed into paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (don’t use if you’re gluten intolerant! Replace with additional water)
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1. Cook the brown rice as per packet instructions. Rinse and drain.
2. Add the sesame and sunflower seeds to the drained rice. Using your hands heavily squash so the rice begins to break up and the seeds combine.
3. Add the garlic, soy sauce, paprika, pepper, chilli flakes, salt, flax egg and the water and combine using a fork- you can still use your hands but the garlic will stick into your hands for weeks!
4. Transfer half your mixture onto a sheet of baking paper. Covering the top with another sheet like a sandwich, use a rolling pin to press the mixture out evenly. Get it as thin as you can or you won’t get a snap!
Mine resembles a square looking Australia.