I love coffee- not to keep me awake but because it tastes so good. This is such an easy conversion of that full dairy filled pud!
Just a reminder our give away to win a matcha kit from Teapigs is on going until Sunday : click through here to enter!
This recipe makes enough plus a little more for a greedy one person! (me)
120g Tofutti Cream Cheese
70g Icing sugar
40ml Soy cream
1/4 teaspoon xantum gum
Serving of Matcha Cream linked here
1 tablespoon Coffee granules of your choice
1 tablespoon caster sugar
Pack of rich tea finger biscuits
Cocoa powder for dusting
1. Make the coffee mixture – in a mug, add the coffee granules and the sugar with about a tablespoon of cold water. Mix then fill the mug up with boiling water. I always add small amount of cold first to ensure you don’t burn the coffee! It will be bitter otherwise. Set aside to cool.
2. Make the matcha cream via here and set aside.
3. Make ‘mascarpone’ cream. Using a hand blender, combine the cream cheese, icing sugar and soy cream together until the lumps are gone. Add the xanthum gum and blend further until the mixture thickens sufficiently. Set aside.
4. Create! Now your coffee has cooled down transfer into a wider bowl so you can dunk your biscuits fully. Break the biscuits into suitable chunks to fit in your desired dish/cup etc and one at a time dunk into the coffee mixture for about 5 seconds then put straight into your dish. Continue to do this until you create a desired layer. Pour a little of the coffee mixture on top of the layer to soak further.
Add the match cream and mascarpone layers as you wish.
5. Transfer to the fridge to chill is essential. The cream and coffee won’t have the same effect if it’s room temperature! Top off with a dusting of cocoa powder.