Sometimes you want to eat your smoothie and not drink it! This is a great way of getting in the greens without actually having to eat them!
This recipe makes approximately 2 smoothie bowls depending on your size of bowl!
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, pith removed
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup frozen berries of your choice (mine included redcurrants. raspberries, blackberries and blackcurrants)
- 1 cup spinach, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 tsp baobab powder (optional)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 16oz/450ml nut milk of your choice (I used soy)
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder of your choice (I use Sunwarrior warrior blend in vanilla)
- Optional toppings: desiccated coconut, granola, cocoa nibs, pumpkin seeds, fresh fruit etc.
Everyone stands on their chair to take photos of their blender contents, right?
- Add the peeled fruit to the blender. Then add the frozen berries, maca, baobab and protein powder. Top with the spinach. Pour over the soy milk. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with your favourite toppings. Grab a spoon and enjoy!