Just before our honeymoon my husband (!!!) and I hit up a local health food shop. As we were browsing around picking out goodies (Hello, beast burger sliders) I spied the Bee Free Honee. I’d been dying to try it since I had first heard of it way back when but couldn’t find it in the UK! We snapped it up. It definitely has a honey taste (from what I can remember), my husband says it has an apple honey kind of flavour. It also has the viscosity of honey which is great – I find maple syrup can be a little too thin sometimes.
Then cashew pieces were on sale at Sprouts and we have a Vitamix so this basically had to happen.
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashew pieces or whole cashews
- 2 tbsp neutral tasting oil – we used canola
- 4 tsp bee free honee or sub brown rice syrup or light agave
- 1 tsp sea salt ( do not add if your cashews are already salted)
- Put your cashews, salt, oil and bee free honee into a high powered blender or food processor.
- Start blending on low. If using a blender, use the tamper to push the nuts into the blades. Once the nuts begin to liquefy turn the blender up to high.
- The blades will make a chugging noise and then run free of the butter. Once it is smooth, it’s ready!!
Variation: For cinnamon honee cashew butter, add in 1 tsp of ground cinnamon whilst blending. It tastes incredible, I promise.
Note: I haven’t been sponsored by Bee Free Honee for this post – I just think they’re awesome!