Breakfast is always a constant battle for me. I love to eat it but I lack the time in the morning – in reality I have about 10 minutes to make it. I tend to go with the easy option of toast more often than not. Sometimes if I’m organised the night before I’ll make oatmeal and stick it in my trusty Thermos flask so it’s still warm in the morning.
Recently I was thinking about muesli – I love it but I find the store bought stuff so boring! Dusty oats with hard dry raisins…no thanks. So I decided to make my own.
This muesli is packed with all the goodies I enjoy. It’s also naturally gluten-free and refined sugar free!
I’m using dehydrated strawberries but if you don’t own a dehydrator feel free to sub with freeze dried or store bought!
- 3 cups rolled oats or gluten-free oats
- 1 cup puffed quinoa (you can find it online here)
- 1/2 cup sprouted buckwheat
- 1/2 cup dehydrated strawberries (cut into chunks, dehydrated for 18 hours at 45c)
- 1 cup dried white mulberries (find them online here)
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. Mix with a spoon or your hands until everything is well combined. Store in an airtight container or jar. Serve with cold non-dairy milk or yogurt.